To help us learn whether some people consistently get systemic (fever, chills, myalgia/muscle aches, arthralgia/joint pain, fatigue, headache, or insomnia) after getting their annual influenza vaccine
Who is being asked to participate?
- People who have had the same systemic reaction (as listed above) to the most recent two (2) influenza vaccinations
- You are not eligible to participate if you have.
- already received your influenza vaccine this fall
- had an allergic reaction (wheezing, hives, etc.) after receiving an influenza vaccine
- had symptoms of Guillain Barré syndrome within 6 weeks of receiving an influenza vaccine
What is required?
- Receive 2 injections 4 weeks apart - one of placebo and one of regular influenza vaccine
- Complete a short questionnaire of possible risk factors
- Complete two set of diaries of symptoms - for 7 days after each injection
Who do I contact about participating?
- The Infectious Disease Epidemiology Research Unit at Mount Sinai Hospital
- 416-586-4800 ext. 2764