To compare the antibody response to and risk of adverse events associated with high dose and standard dose influenza vaccine in younger adults
Who is being asked to participate?
People 18-64 years old who
- have not yet been vaccinated against influenza this fall
- have not received another vaccine or started new medications in the past 30 days
- do not take immune suppressing therapy (chemo, radiation, systemic corticosteroids) or have an immunodeficiency condition
What is required?
- be randomly assigned to receive either standard dose or high dose influenza vaccine (50:50 chance)
- have two (2) blood samples taken: one before vaccination and one 21 days later to check for your antibody response
- complete four (4) questionnaires: one before your vaccine, one 24 hours after vaccination, one 8 days after vaccination, and one next April
Who do I contact about participating?
Dr. Allison McGeer, Dr. Brenda Coleman, Dr. Kevin Katz, Dr. Andrew Simor, Dr. Matthew Muller, Dr. Jeff Powis, and Dr. Janet McElhaney
MSH REB approval #14-0221-A